Mail issues on all the OS are common these days. The reasons are not certain but you can fix any issue by applying simple tweaks and tricks. These hidden tricks can only be known after reading this content. If you are facing ‘System account settings outdated’ error for RCN mail on windows 10 mail app, then follow the tricks mentioned here as follows:
If you have updated the mail app recently to get the latest features, then there are chances of coming across this problem. Don’t worry, just read the page content you will be able to fix the problem on your own. You are not the only user who is facing this problem but there are more than 40% of users who have been facing the same annoying problem.
You may encounter the following message on the screen when you try to launch the email through outlook program: ‘Email settings are outdated’. Furthermore, you may also find ‘Not connecting’ or ‘Connection issue’ on the screen. If you click on ‘Fix’ option given just below the message, then you will be directed to the next page that displays ‘Dark screen’.
Some users in the comment section have told that they have tried to solve the problem on their own but didn’t able to do so. The errors related to outdated software version are so hard to fix from the individual end. It needs technical expert support and guidance. Now, we are going to discuss the troubleshooting steps with you. You will be able to solve the problem after this.
First of all, you have to identify the mail folder in your computer where the files related to RCN mail are stored. You can search this folder under ‘Localappdata’ folder. Once this folder gets located, click on it to delete it. We recommend you to save the data before performing this action because the whole data will get deleted after deleting the folder and you won’t be able to fetch the data at any cost even from another device that is synced with the same RCN mail account.
How to resolve the problem?
- Open ‘Start’ menu and click on ‘PowerShell’ prompt. Run this program as ‘Admin’.
- Uninstall the mail and calendar app that you have recently updated on your computer. Go to ‘Get app package’ in run window and enter the name of the property. You will find all the files related to updating. Click to remove them from the system.
- Once done with the removal part. Click to restart the PC.
- Now, open the computer drive and search for a folder that is to be deleted. If you want to go to this folder directly, then open a command window and enter ‘Home/app data/local/comms’.
- Download the app from the windows app store again. If you don’t find the app on the store, then you can download it from the third party online sources.
Once you have done with the steps, launch the RCN mail app again and check if you have got success or not. If the problem is still infuriating you, then you can contact Email online support team or check each step whether you have performed properly or not. Any step if missed by chance may put you in trouble.