To start with the setup, go to the home screen of your android phone and follow the below-mentioned steps:
- If you have not configured any email account yet, then click on ‘create a new email account’.
- If you have already configured non-Mediacom email account on your device, then click on ‘Add a new account’ section.
- If you have already configured the Mediacom account in your email app using POP3 settings, then first remove it and then continue.
Now, we are going to discuss the steps to Remove POP3 account from your device.
- Click the menu button.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and then click on ‘Manage Accounts’ section.
- Long press on account button, until the drop-down menu,
- You will find your email address or name on the screen.
- Click to delete it from the device.
- Press ‘Remove’ button.
- Don’t forget to take back up of your messages otherwise, these will get lost.
- Continue to create a new Mediacom com login if you have not setup any email earlier.
How to add a new email account?
- Open Menu from the home screen.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and click on manage account option.
- Press ‘Add an account’ option.
- Create a new email account now by entering the following fields.
- Enter the Mediacom email login address in the first field.
- Enter the password for your email account. This is the one you used to log in with to your account.
- Click on ‘Manual setup’ to enter the settings manually for your email account.
- Press on ‘IMAP’ account type and enter the information in the different fields.
- Enter your Mediacom login address again.
- Enter the email username. This will appear on the display screen and on the receiver ‘From’ screen.
- Enter the login password for your email account.
- Type mail.mediacombb.net in the email address.
- For security type, select none.
- Enter 143 in the port number field for incoming IMAP account server settings.
- Click ‘Next’ to proceed further.
- Enter mail.mediacombb.net in the address field.
- Select SSL for security type if you are prompted to select.
- Enter 587 in the port number for next column.
- Check mark the option which says, ‘Require sign-in’. This is the check-in for security type.
- Enter the Mediacom username in the username field. In case of any problem, you can contact Mediacom email support team available at our help desk.
- Enter the password for your Mediacom login followed by ‘Next’ option.
- These settings are personal, so you can set them according to your choice or preference. There is no particular name, which you need to enter here.
- Click ‘Next’ given on the next page.
- Give the name to your account as per your preference. This name will appear on all the sent mails.
- Click ‘Done’ once you have done with the settings. These settings will be saved permanently.
In this way, you will be able to configure the Mediacom email on your android phone by removing the POP3 account configured earlier. If you find any problem in understanding the points or steps, then feel free to contact at our ‘Mediacom help’ support number given on our support page.
The technical experts sitting at our support desk are here to resolve all your issues in a quick and efficient way. So, instead of wasting your precious time in wandering around on the internet, just pick up your phone and call us at our toll-free number. You can call us anytime on weekdays.