To start with the setup process, you need to identify the server addresses of your web client and check them. Today, we are going to provide the information for setting up POP3 RCN Email on your windows 10 app.
The incoming email address for the server will most probably look something like pop.RCN.net without brackets. If you are using a Go daddy server for your email server, then you can hide these settings from the account management page.
Now, if you want to know the outgoing server address of your mail, then it will look like SMTP.rcn.net. You can again hide the extra information of your outgoing mail server.
Now, we are going to discuss the steps to configure account in windows 10 Email app
After identifying the proper and actual server addresses, open the email app on your device by getting into the ‘Start’ menu or check from the list of installed apps.
- Go to ‘Settings’ menu of the mail app located at the bottom corner.
- Click on the drop-down menu opened at the right-hand side of ‘Accounts’ option.
- Here, you will find a list of accounts which are already configured on the windows 10 mail app. Click on ‘Add a new account’ to add RCN email login You will find the prompt window on the front screen.
- To add a POP3 account, You need to go to ‘advanced’ setup from the list of options highlighted on the next window.
- After clicking on ‘Next’ you will find new window opened on the front screen. Select ‘Internet mail’ from the list of options and click on ‘RCN com login’.
- Now under advanced setup, you need to enter the details related to your email service. If you are using a third party email service, then enter complete information.
- Enter the name of the account which you are going to configure on your windows 10 app. You can enter any name based on your preference.
- Type the complete username and password in the fields. After entering these details, you will be able to login to the account. Now you can retrieve all the previous mails, appointments and notifications which are stored in the inbox.
- Now it’s the time to enter the outgoing and incoming pop server information. Open the drop-down menu and start entering the details manually. For any help and support, call at RCN email support
- You will find a complete form with username, password and SMTP details on the front screen. You are good to go now.
- Now, you will be given the option to manually change the outgoing security settings. If you want to enable SSL authentication for your incoming as well outgoing servers, then click on SSL authentication option and check mark it. You may require entering the username and password of your RCN account again.
- Once the settings get completed, you can try login to your account.
- If everything is configured properly, then you will get success message on the screen. Your account will be displayed on the top right corner of the screen. If you find any problem, then you can take RCN help from our support page or contact our support provider.
Verification of connection
Once everything gets confirmed, you need to check the connection by verifying the email. For this, you can send a test mail to your friend or to yourself. If the mail gets received, then the connection is OK otherwise, troubleshoot the problem. If you are using RCN or any other web client, then check the incoming as well outgoing messages by sending on valid email address.