RCN email is a business-class email service that works smoothly on all platforms. By platforms, I mean the operating systems, so if you have signed up for RCN email in the recent times and are looking to access it on Windows 10, then you easily do that by opening Microsoft Edge, then entering www.RCN.com and finally, entering your login details.
Well, this seems to be a normal procedure, but many people who tried to do the same were not able to access their RCN email on MS Edge. They are entering the right email address, but when they go to type the email, the email couldn’t register. The problem is confined to Microsoft Edge because when those people tried to access RCN email in different web browsers, then they were easily able to do that.
Solution to the problem:
Before moving onto the solution, it is important for you to find if there are any changes made to your PC prior to this issue. If no, then you can follow below-mentioned methods to get rid of the annoying problem that has been barring you from accessing your RCN email on MS Edge.
Method 1: User Account
Create another user account or sign-in to another user account and then, check if the issue replicates. You will be able to confirm whether the issue is related to the account or user related. To learn how to create a new user, follow below-mentioned steps:
- If using Windows 10 Home and Professional Editions:
- Select the ‘Start’ button, then ‘Settings’ after which, click ‘Accounts’, then ‘Family & Other People’ and finally, ‘Add someone else to this PC’.
- Select ‘I don’t have this person’s sign-in information’ option, which you can find at the bottom of the page. After selecting that option, select ‘Add a user without a Microsoft Account’ on the next page.
- Enter a ‘username’, ‘password’ and ‘password hint’ after which, you need to select ‘Next’.
- The process of creating a new user in Windows 10 Enterprise Edition is the same, but you will see ‘Other People’ option instead of ‘Family & Other people’ in (a.) step.
It is suggested that you clear the option of ‘Clear Browsing Data’ of MS Edge and check if you face the problem. To do that, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Click on ‘More Actions’ icon, which you can find right next to the feedback icon present in the top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
- Select ‘Settings’ followed by clicking on ‘Choose What to clear’.
Note: You should check if the problem exists in the private browsing. Launch Microsoft Edge web browser followed by clicking the ‘More Actions’ button in the top right corner of MS Edge. Now, click on ‘New In Private Window’ to browse the internet in a private window.
Follow these methods and you will again be able to access RCN email on MS Edge web browser. If you need assistance, then kindly get in touch with Email Online Help and Support.