RCN mail service is provided by RCN communications to the registered subscribers who have registered for different services like telephone Communications, internet and Digital cable at home. RCN mail is a type of mail service that can be configured on any smart or internet-enabled mobile device. You can setup and use the RCN mail flawlessly on your smartphone. But, the condition doesn’t remain the same for all users. There are some Android users who find it difficult to send and receive RCN mail on their device. Although they have configured the mail properly but still they are getting connectivity issue.
Today, we are going to discuss guide for all those users who are facing problem in accessing their RCN mail from android phone. RCN being the best mail has been used by most of the business persons. They use this mail for sending and receiving the business mails. So, you can easily understand how difficult a situation it can be for users who are not being able to send and receive mails. There are more than 40% android users who use RCN mail on their device. The main cause of this problem reported out by some experts is incorrect ‘mail type’ selected.
It has come to the fore that people use more IMAP account type than the POP account which is why this problem is occurring again and again on their device. The solution to this problem is discussed here as under:
Some of the infuriated users have tried to solve the problem on their own but all their tries went in vain. Now, let’s discuss the concrete solution to this problem.
- Go to ‘Add an account’ option from email option. Now, go to ‘Settings’ followed by entering a personal information. You need to enter the information according to the model number of the phone you are using.
- Enter RCN mail address in the given field. It will be in the form of xyz@RCN.com. You have to enter the city name in the next field. You have to enter the current location.
- Enter login password for your RCN mail account.
- Select POP3 or POP email account type from the given options.
- Enter the incoming mail server address in the field The incoming server address consists of prefix ‘RCN’ along with server address.
- Enter the port number in the next field. This is 995.
- Disable SSL certificates from the next option.
Now, you need to check the outgoing mail server settings.
- Enter mobile-SMTP.RCN in the server field.
- Set port number to 587 or 25 alternatively.
- Turn off SSL as this feature is not required.
In this manner, you can fix the connectivity problem on your RCN mail from android devices. If the problem still doesn’t get solved, then call RCN mail support for quick assistance. The technical executives are trained enough to handle your request. They will provide on the spot troubleshooting steps for your RCN mail. If you want to search for a solution online, then open the link on your browser.