Are you using Frontier as your business email? If yes, then you must be interested in knowing the steps of setting up Frontier email on your smartphone, especially when it that smartphone is Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Check out the entire process of configuring Frontier email with Galaxy Note 8 in the blog post below.
Frontier email service is very popular among professionals because it is one of those email services that is packed with some of the best work-based features. Moreover, when it is combined with a smartphone such as Samsung Galaxy Note 8, then things become a whole lot interesting because a professional email service meets a smartphone that was made for professionals. It is quite easy to setup Frontier email on Samsung Galaxy Note 8, as you just need to follow half a dozen steps in the order in which they are given in this blog post. So, without any further ado, let us go through those steps and be done with configuration process;
- Turn on your Galaxy Note 8 and tap ‘apps’ option.
- Open ‘settings’ menu now, and look for the option named ‘application settings’.
- In ‘application settings’ there will be an option named ‘email’.
- Tap ‘manage accounts’ option in the ‘email menu’, and then, tap ‘add +’.
- Type in your Frontier email address and its password. Once done, tap ‘next’.
- There are two types of email accounts you can set up, one is POP3 and second is IMAP.
- After choosing one account type, it’s time to enter your incoming server settings, which includes your username, password, server, security type, port number and delete email from server setting. Your username will be your Frontier email address only.
Here are the settings that you need to enter for incoming mail server:
- Enter pop3.frontier.com in the incoming mail server.
- Enter ‘995’ in the port number
- Choose ‘SSL’ as security type.
Keep in mind that the username and password that you have entered are correct, otherwise, you are going to get ‘authentication failed’ message on your phone’s screen. Moreover, you need to choose POP3 as incoming mail server and IMAP as an outgoing mail server.
Settings for outgoing mail server are given below:
- Enter smtp.frontier.com for outgoing server.
- Enter ‘465’ in the port number.
- The security type is going to be ‘SSL’.
The device is now going to connect to the outgoing mail server with the settings that you have provided. You will receive an error message if the connection is not successful, but there is no need to worry, as you can easily fix this by confirming the settings. Once the settings are successful, you will be taken to ‘outgoing server settings’ screen.
There will be an option by the name of ‘account options’ that you need to select in order to sync your schedule. Once you select that option, tap ‘next’.
You are now going to be asked to name your email account, which I leave it up to you. You can decide whichever name you want to give to your email account. But, make sure it is different than other email accounts that you’ve configured on your device. You can also mention a name that others would see after they receive emails from you. After making all the changes, you can tap ‘done’ to complete the setup process.