In order to setup Frontier mail on Windows live mail, you need to follow some instructions and steps which are going to be discussed today in this post. So far, we have discussed the steps to setup Frontier email on other devices programs like Android, Droid, iPhone and many other. We were receiving requests from our customers in which they were keen to know the steps to setup Frontier mail on Windows live mail.
Keeping their precious comments in mind, we have bought a simple and concrete step for you by applying which, you can easily setup Frontier mail on the device. If you find any problem, then you can get support from Frontier Help page or call us at our toll-free number.
Now, read the steps carefully and implement accordingly
- Open windows live mail program and click on ‘Add a new’ mail
- Now, enter Frontier email login address in the next field or Frontier Net, Epix email address in the field.
- In the next field, you will be asked to enter a password. This is the one you used to login with to your Frontier email account.
- Enter the real name or username in the next field. This will get displayed on the receiver screen when you send any message to them. Your frontier com login address will be displayed after the username.
- Click ‘Next’ to proceed further. If you have any problem or doubt at any step mentioned above, then you are free to ask our support team.
- On the top of the window screen, you will find incoming mail server settings for POP3 server.
- Enter the following information in the fields:
- Incoming server: Pop3.frontier.com
- outgoing server address: smtp.frontier.com
- Now your login ID will be your Frontier email address. Enter the complete email address along with @ symbol in this field.
- Check mark the box which says, ‘Requires authentication’. This box is present to the left of the server information.
- Click ‘Next’ if all the above steps are properly implemented.
- Tap ‘Finish’.
- Now enable the SSL encryption through following steps:
- Click on Frontier email
- Go to properties and Select the Server Tab.
- Ensure that you have correctly entered server address for incoming as well as for outgoing servers. This should be pop3.frontier.com and smtp.frontier.com for both.
- Go to ‘Advanced’ settings tab.
- Enter 465 as a port number for all outgoing mail server and click on the box which says, ‘Requires authentication’ SSL. This will enable the SSL authentication.
- Type 995 in the incoming mail server field. You need to enable SSL authentication for the incoming server as well.
- Click ‘Ok’.
- Now follow the instructions to enable SMTP authentication on your frontier program.
- Open the windows live mail program and click on the Frontier account. Right click on it to open the further settings.
- A drop-down menu will appear on the screen. Click on ‘Properties’.
- Select ‘Server’ from the top of the Ribbon menu. Enter the name of the server of your choice in the field and click ‘Next’.
- Now check the incoming as well as outgoing server fields carefully. It must be set to POP3 and SMTP server address.
- Enter the complete email address in the next field.
- Place a check mark on the box which says, ‘My server requires authentication’.
- Now you will be asked to select the login method. Click on ‘Login’ using Account name and password. Here you need to remember not to click on ‘Log on using password authentication’ option.
This is all about the setup steps. If you are still having any problem, then call us at our Frontier email support number.