Can you set up RCN email account in OS X 10.11? Yes, you certainly can, but there are certain steps that you need to follow in a specific manner. In order to identify as to what those steps are, keep reading the post.
Below-mentioned is the steps to set up RCN email account in OS X 10.11.
Step 1: Create the account
- Launch mail by clicking on the icon given in the dock. Select ‘Add Account’ option under the ‘Mail’ menu.
- You will now see a screen with a heading ‘Choose a Mail Account Provider’ on which, you will have to select a radio button corresponding to ‘Other Mail Account’ followed by clicking ‘Continue’ button.
- On ‘Add a Mail account’ screen, you need to enter your name, your RCN email address and password for your email.
Step 2: Account Settings
- You are going to see an additional popup window where you will find the spot to enter additional settings.
- You need to make sure that all the fields are filled with the right details:
- Email Address: Enter your full RCN email address that you are looking to set up.
- User Name: Enter your full RCN email address.
- Password: Enter the password for your RCN email account.
- Account Type: You can choose either POP or IMAP, depending on your preference. It is recommended that you choose IMAP if you want to keep your email synced across multiple devices.
- Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server
- If you are using non-SSL settings, then it will be your domain name that is going to come in the Incoming and Outgoing mail server. You can use mail.yourdomianname.com or yourdomainname.com.
- In case you are using SSL settings, then you will have to set both, the incoming and outgoing mail server to the server’s hostname. The hostname could be like host.yourdomainname.com.
Step 3: Security Settings
- If you are setting up your RCN email account with standard connection settings, or you are setting up the account with secure SSL settings and have an SSL certificate installed on the mail server as well, then you can skip this section and move ahead to step 4. However, if you are using SSL settings with your server having a self-signed SSL certificate installed on your mail server, you need to see a popup notification about the server certificate.
In case, you receive that notification, then you will have to check either the ‘Continue’ button to accept the certificate and move ahead or click ‘Show Certificate’ button to inspect it. If you wish to store the certificate permanently and also add it to the keychain, then there is an option named ‘Always Trust’ that you need to enable. You can tick the box corresponding to ‘Always Trust’ option prior to selecting ‘Continue. You may have to enter the password of your email to store the certificate permanently and to also add it to the keychain.
Step 4: Finishing Up
- Make sure that the box corresponding to ‘Mail’ is checked followed by clicking the ‘Done’ option to finish the setup process.
- Now, you are all set to use your RCN email with the email app installed in Mac OS X 10.11.