First of all we would like to make you familiar with Mediacom Company. This is a U.S based cable source company which provides high-speed internet service and voice over the internet Protocol through cable networks. One of the outstanding features that are included with these services is the Mediacom Email. You can create and access the Mediacom email without any fee or charges. This is a complimentary service from the company to its users.
Today, we are going to place the steps to configure Mediacom email on outlook 2013 in front of you. It is recommended to pay kind attention to all the steps. Otherwise, you may get the problem in implementing them on your device. You will be able to do Mediacom email login on Outlook 2013 after performing the steps.
Now, we are going to discuss the steps to setup Mediacom email on outlook 2013 for windows. If you are using any other version of outlook, then the steps are nearly same with little difference.
Adding a new account
- Go to ‘file’ menu given on the top left corner of Microsoft Outlook program.
- Click on ‘Information’.
- Here you will find option something like ‘Add an account’ or ‘Add new account’.
- Click on ‘Manual setup or additional server type’ option from the screen and click ‘Next’.
- Select ‘IMAP’ or ‘POP’ option from the given two option. The functions of both these Protocols is different. You need to select according to your preference.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Now, enter the following the information in the next couple of fields.
- Your name: Type the first as well as last name of your account. This name will appear on the ‘From’ screen of outbound messages.
- Email address: Enter email address in this field. This is Mediacom com login.
Under server information, enter the following data.
- Account type: Select IMAP or POP from the options.
- Incoming mail server: Enter mail.mediacom.com.
- Outgoing mail server address: This is same as your incoming mail address. Type mail.mediacom.com in the field.
Login information: Enter the following information in the login field.
- Username: Enter the email address in this field.
- Password: Enter login password. For any help, click on Mediacom Help
- Go to more settings and click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Go to outgoing server option.
- Click on the option which says, require authentication for outgoing email server for SMTP.
- You need to use same settings for your incoming mail server address.
- Click on ‘Advanced’ tab
- If you are using a POP3 with a secure server, then enter the Port number here. It must be 995 or 110.
- In case you are using a POP3 server, then you can choose the option for; when to remove messages from the server.
- If you are using IMAP with SSL, then change the port number to 993 or leave it as 143. For more help and support, call at Mediacom email support
- Yes, if you are using SMTP servers, then change the port number to 465. Otherwise, keep this as it is 26.
- Click ‘Ok’ to finish the setup.
- You will find ‘Next’ option on the account window.
- Click to finish the setup.
In this way, you will be able to setup your email account on Microsoft outlook 2013 for windows. If you are still having any doubt, or you are using any other version of Outlook on your computer, then you can call us anytime. Our support executives will help you out in a best possible way so that you will able to enjoy best email experience on it.