Are you facing trouble in sending and receiving Cox Email from your Mac OS X EI Capitan? If yes, then follow the steps mentioned in this post to update your server settings because your problem may be happening due to server update problem.
Updating a server will most probably fix your problem and you will be able to send and receive the messages on your Cox com login.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to edit the incoming and outgoing email server settings of your Mac 10.11 OS.
Server settings to receive mail on account: The steps to edit the settings are explained below. You must pay kind attention to each and every step.
- Open the application folder on your Mac device and tap on mail. Click on the dock available at the bottom of the screen to open the mail.
- Go to ‘preferences’ from the cox help drop down menu.
- Now, click on ‘accounts’ and go to Cox email login to select the particular account for editing.
- Now complete the below-mentioned tasks:
- Go to ‘advanced tab’.
- Uncheck the box, which says ‘Automatically detect the account and change settings’.
- You will find the red circle on the top left of window screen. Click on it.
- Finally, click on ‘save’ to save the alterations.
- Again click on ‘preferences’ from the drop down menu of your Cox account. If you find any problem in locating the things on your device, then you can take Cox Email support from the service officials as well.
- Go to the ‘account’ section.
- Enter the username, name of the server, and password in the relevant field. You can take further support from the Cox support
- Again click on the red circle to save the changes, you made recently with your account server.
- Now exit the window and try sending the mail to your cox account from your Gmail or from other mail service provider.
Server settings to send emails from your account: The settings to send email from your account are being discussed here as under:
- Go to app folder again from your home screen and click on ‘mail’ icon from the bottom of the screen.
- Click ‘preferences’ to change the settings. If the updating process is not executing properly, then you can check your internet connection or call at cox internet support
- Now follow the same procedure as followed for the previous settings i: e, open the accounts section and click on the particular account you wish to edit.
- Under SMTP field, check the name being displayed by clicking on the arrows available next to the Outgoing mail server field.
- Complete the following project now:
- Select the right SMTP server from the server list.
- Go to the ‘advanced’
- Uncheck the box with option ‘automatically detect and change the account settings’
Note: If you find that the settings are again changed to automatically detect mode after re-opening the mail app from your apple device, then all you have to do is change the authentication type for your mail outgoing server. Change it to password authentication type from the MD5 response authentication.
- Verify the server settings before finally submitting it. You can go to Cox TV support link for more details.
- Click ‘Ok’ followed by ‘save’ to save the modified settings of your outgoing server.
- Check the box which says ‘Use this server only’. And the outgoing server should be correctly selected.
- Again click on the red round button at the top of the account settings screen.
- Sign out from all accounts of the mailbox field.
- Now open the mailbox again and sign onto all accounts.
- Exit and re-open the mail app on Mac.