Have you subscribed to Frontier communications internet service? If yes, then are you getting the problem in sending mail from frontier email account? We want to mention here that you will get this error along with message displayed on the screen which says ‘cannot send outgoing mail’ due to port 25 blocked’. This problem is related to internet service provider but not with the web.
What is port 25 and why it gets blocked?
Port 25 is an outbound port for a mail which gets blocked so as to prevent the risk of errors or malware generated due to Internet service provider. If you filter this port, then you can prevent this error.
How to bypass port 25 for sending a mail?
- Send by using Port 587: If you are using Frontier email service provider, then there is an option for you. You can change the default port number of mail from 25 to 587. All cities in US and Canada support thus port number. This port is recommended especially for a laptop.
- Yes, if you don’t want to change the port number of mail, then there is another option for you. You can change the outgoing server settings of mail. Just SMTP in front of mail server address.
If there is email program like Microsoft Outlook, Mac Mail or outlook+ installed in your system, then there is no need to install it again. Just change the server settings for the outgoing server. Click on ‘More’ from the advanced settings of your email server. Click on ‘Login’. Enter username and password for your account. This is provided by the email service provider.
Note: There are few mail service providers who have started ‘crackdown on ‘Spam activity’. In this feature, they have set the limit for sending mail from one email account. You can’t send one message to more than 30 recipients at a time. If you send to more recipients than sanctioned, then your account may get blocked. This feature is applicable to Frontier mail as well.
If you are in the business where you need to send one message to a mass number of people, then go for ‘Constant contact’. This is paid service and you will be charged less than 80 cents per day. So, instead of missing the opportunity, just grab it.
Settings for configuring the outgoing server settings for your frontier mail
- Open ‘Tools’ and go to accounts’.
- Open ‘Frontier mail’ from the list of email service provider.
- Click to change the server settings.
- Open outgoing server settings.
- Check if the email service is optimum online or not. If not, then configure the SMTP settings for a different server.
- Open settings and click on ‘Login’.
- Enter username and password provided by email service provider.
- Check your account now by returning to the previous window from the current window.
If you are getting the error message which says, ‘None of the authentication supported’. You need to change the outgoing server information. For this error, you need to authenticate the server. For more information and help, you are free to contact at our Customer support number given on Frontier email helpline page.