Today, in this post we are going to brief the steps to set up Frontier mail on Windows live mail. In our previous posts, we have discussed the steps to configure the same mail on other smart devices like phone, tablet, and iphone. Some of our customers have sent a query to know the steps for configuring Frontier mail on windows live mail. Keeping their interest in mind, we are now going to discuss steps.
Read all the steps properly and implement them in the same sequence.
- Launch windows live mail and click on ‘+’ button to add a new account.
- Enter Frontier login details in the form and click to submit. You may find this option by another name.
- In the next field, you are required to enter the password. The password should match with the one you used to login to the account.
- Enter the username in the next field. If you have already given a nickname to your email account, then enter as it is. This name will be displayed on the other’s screen when they receive any new mail from you. You don’t need to enter an email address in this field.
- Click ‘Next’ to move to next step. If you have any problem, then contact at Frontier support number.
- An incoming server settings menu will be popped up on the screen.
- Enter pop3.frontier.com in the incoming server field and Smtp.frontier.com in the outgoing server field.
- Your Login ID is now created. A frontier email address will appear on the screen along with domain name.
- Click on the box which says, ‘Require authentication’.
- Click ‘Next’ followed by Finish after implementing all steps.
- Steps to enable SSL encryption are:
- Go to the frontier mail account.
- Open properties and select Server option.
- You need to check the incoming as well as outgoing server address of your server. This must be in the same format as discussed above.
- Open ‘Advanced’ settings from Settings menu.
- Enter 465 in the port number for all the outgoing server and check mark the box given next to ‘Require authentication’.
- Enter 995 in the incoming server port number. SSL authentication will remain same for the incoming server as well as for outgoing server.
- Click to submit.
Now, it’s the time to authenticate SMTP on your frontier email program
- Open windows live mail from the desktop and click on Frontier email account. Open email settings by clicking right button on it.
- Select ‘Server’ from the list of menu. Enter any name of your choice in the field.
- Now inspect incoming as well as outgoing server fields carefully. It must be POP3 or SMTP type.
- Enter email address which must be complete in all aspects.
- Click on the box given next to ‘Require authentication’ for the server.
- Now you are required to select the type of login you want. If you want to enter username and password always, then click on the respective option. If you want your computer to remember your username and password, then click on ‘Remember me’ option.
In this way, you can setup Frontier mail on windows live mail app. If you have any problem or issue, you can contact at email support number.