So far, we have discussed How to configure Frontier Email on different platforms like android, Droid and apple iPhone on our web page. Today, we will discuss the instructions for configuring frontier mail on another top platform i: e. Macintosh mail.
So far, we have discussed How to configure Frontier Email on different platforms. Today, we will discuss the instructions for configuring frontier mail on Macintosh mail.
We have been getting a lot of queries from our esteemed customer regarding the same so keeping in mind the interest of our customers. We have laid out the configuration process on our web page in an easy to understand manner. Read the contents related to it carefully before applying it on your device.
The guide, which we are going to discuss today will slightly vary with the different version of the program. You don’t need to worry in that case, simply call at Frontier email support number provided on our website.
The steps to setup Frontier mail on Macintosh mail are discussed below:
- Go to Macintosh mail and next click on ‘mail’ followed by preferences option. Click to ‘add an account’. If this option is not available on the screen, then search for ‘account’ option only. Here, you will find ‘+’ sign in front of account menu. Click on it to add a Frontier com login
- Choose the POP option for ‘account type’ and enter the information in the box. You can simply write frontier here. Now enter the mail address, your username and the display name, which will appear on the top of every outgoing message.
- Click on Incoming mail server icon and enter POP3.frontier.com
- Now for outgoing mail server field, enter smtp.frontier.com in the relevant space.
- Click to choose password option for authentication purpose. You will find this option on the drop down menu. Enter the complete email address in the username box and password in the next box. These credentials will get verified by the server before Frontier Email login.
- Click on ‘finish’ or ‘ok’. The options may be different for different versions.
- Exit the window and based on your version, click ‘save’ or ‘yes’ when prompted to do so.
All the newer versions of Macintosh mail will check the SSL authentication of your account. You can create at your own end if available. Yes, if you have already configured and want to change the settings of your SSL, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the mail icon from the Macintosh mail and go to ‘preferences’ followed by ‘account’.
- Go to the drop down menu available next to the outgoing server settings and click on ‘edit’ option to change the SMTP server list. Now, go to ‘advanced settings’ from here.
- Check mark the box, which says “Use secure sockets layers” SSL and click on ‘ok’.
- You can check this option from the ‘advanced’ tab.
- Now click on red button available on the top left of the screen.
Now enable SMTP authentication in the Mac Mail through following steps:
- Go to preferences and check the incoming mail server information:
- Make sure that is set to pop3.frontier.com
- You must write complete mail address and password in the username and password field.
- Now, check the outgoing server information and verify it from the server. You need to enter smtp.frontier.com. In case of any problem, you can take Frontier help from the official link.
- Now click on advanced tab and enter Description and Server name in the given field.
- Enter 25 in port number box and authentication type ‘password’ followed by the username and login password.
- Click on the red circle available at the top left of the screen.
This is all about the configuration process. If you are still having any doubt, then do mention your problem in our comment section given below.