Email services are now more prone to cyber-attacks. Online hackers can easily hack your Cox Email or any other email service. So the security of your account has now become the prime concern. You need to secure your account from online attackers otherwise they may steal your personal data as well as other information stored in your computer.
The simplest way to keep your Cox com login secure is by creating a strong password that cannot be easily hacked. For this, you can set your password which is a combination of symbols, alphabets, and numbers. Apart from this, you can set 2 step verification for your Cox email login.
Unfortunately, if your email account has been hacked or you are simply guessing it, then you need to take some measures to secure it for future. The very first thing that hacker will do with your Cox account is that he will change your login password, alter your personal information, contact number and secondary email address. If you find that all the details are still not changed and same information which is entered by you persists on the screen, then you need to change it as early as possible. Today, we are going to discuss the steps to troubleshoot the hacked account or ways to recover your account. If you find any problem, then you can call at Cox support number.
You will notice following indications on your account if it has been hacked by a hacker.
- All the Cox email settings will get changed.
- Spam messages received to your contact list.
- Unusual activities reported on your account.
- Password changed notification on secondary email address. Contact Cox email support for immediate assistance.
What are the troubleshooting steps to fix the hacked Cox Account?
- Change the password: It is recommended to change the password of your account as soon as you come to know that your email account is being compromised. Create a new password that must contain alphanumeric characters. For more help, you can go to Cox help
- Check the account recovery options: Another step to check whether your account is hacked or not is by checking the account recovery fields. If all the fields are not changed, then it means that your account is safe and not hacked. To change the password recovery options, you can contact Cox internet support
- Account permission check: Check mark the boxes which are relevant to your preference, otherwise keep on deleting the unnecessary services which you don’t recognize anymore.
- Check Cox email settings: Another step to troubleshoot this problem is by checking the basic and advanced Cox email settings. You need to check the privacy and security settings of your Cox email by tapping on ‘Settings’ icon from the login screen of your account. If you find that your account is being compromised, then you need to take an immediate measure to stop an intruder from entering further into the computer.
We hope all the above-mentioned steps will definitely help you in solving the hacking problem nut of you are still encountering the same problem, then you can talk to our support agents.
Our customer support agents are available online 24/7. You can call us at our toll-free number and start taking assistance from them. They will provide support for your email service and Cox TV support. If any unexpected error has occurred on your Cox TV, then you can troubleshoot it through our customer care executives. Our team is highly qualified and experienced. They will solve your problem in less than a minute.