You can easily configure Frontier Email on your Mac OS Sierra, as there are simple steps that you need to follow in order to configure Frontier email on your Mac OS Sierra. You can search for these easy steps online, but you there is no need to go to any other website when you can easily follow the steps given in the below-mentioned blog post.
The setup process discussed in the blog post is meant for IMAP type of accounts. For configuring IMAP type frontier account these steps will be proven helpful for you.
Now start with ‘how to add new mail account’
- Select the ‘Email’ option.
- Now, from the tools option select ‘Add a new mail’.
To add another mail account: if you want to add another mail account, then just go to ‘Add another email account’ option and enter details related to it.
- You have to add the details in the different boxes, by tapping on the ‘setting’ page.
- Username: in this section, you have to fill the full Frontier email address.
- Password: Enter your Frontier Email password you use to log in
- Account type: Enter IMAP under ‘account type’ menu. We are here referring to IMAP type so don’t select POP3 type.
- If there is need to enter the incoming and outgoing mail server information, and then type the IP address and submit it.
- You need to unselect ‘Unable to verify account password’ option.
- log in to the account.
- Don’t accept those messages, which are related to server To go to next step click ‘continue’. If you want to permanently disable these messages, then download trusted certificates from the websites.
- Select ‘App and web’ option.
- Click to save.
Now it’s the time to enter a username or email address of your Frontier email. There is an option to change the settings of your Frontier account. If you want to edit them you can do so otherwise move to next step.
Other settings: From the main menu select the ‘preferences’ option.
Account details: From the list of email services choose Frontier. You are required to confirm your Email Address that is present on the left side of the screen.
If you want to change your account further, then read the steps mentioned below: –
- Disable ‘Automatically manage connection’ menu by clicking on the box given next to it. You have to bypass this option for incoming and outgoing servers.
- Move to ‘Advanced’ settings from the ‘Main’ menu.
- If you will find the ‘Allow insecure authentication’ option, then toggle it ON.
- SSL and TLS security type shouldn’t be ON for your account.
- From ‘Outgoing mail’ option, open the Drop-down menu appears on the top.
- If ‘SMTP’ requires editing, then simply edit it from ‘Edit’ option.
- Now save these changes for the outgoing mail servers.
After performing the steps, you will be able to send and receive messages from Frontier mail account. If you want to send a mail to your friend, then try sending from the Frontier mail address.